Artist’s Alley: Visual and Performing Arts Unite

M. Molinaro

Chorus and Visual Arts combine at Artist Alley.

Green Level’s phenomenal chorus will perform in their annual Winter Concert on Wednesday, December 13th. Doors open at 7:00 pm, but art lovers should head to school early; the chorus and visual art department are also collaborating for the first annual Artist’s Alley.

14 student artists will be selling their work before and during the concert. Products include prints, jewelry, ceramics, and crochet, each priced by the artist. Tables will be set up, with most students sharing their spots with a friend. The sale starts at 6 pm and continues until the concert concludes, so Green Level families, faculty, and students have plenty of time to purchase unique artwork before the holidays. 

Juniors Ximena Morales-Kazuno and Hannah Katragadda are organizing the artists, but neither is actively selling throughout the night. Some sellers include Maren Molinaro with ceramic animals, Jade Lee with earrings and crocheted bees, Aleena Sebastian with holiday cards, and Aimee Fazio with painted canvases and rocks.

“Artist’s Alley is an excellent opportunity for young artists to not only share their art but also to meet and support other artists,” shared Morales-Kazuno. “It’s very important for artists to collaborate and get support and feedback… I can see Artist’s Alley coming back next year and for more years to come.”

Although you don’t need tickets to enter Artist’s Alley, you do for the actual concert. Student tickets are five dollars, and general tickets are 10. Support the visual and performing arts by buying yours here