Green Level Class of 2023 College Decisions

We are celebrating our graduating gators’ college decisions!

As the 2022-2023 school year comes to a close, Green Level seniors are preparing for the next step in their future–and for most of them, that means college. Since most people committed by May 1st, the students have spent the last few weeks planning and preparing for the next four years. Needless to say, they have a lot to look forward to.

As expected, NC State and UNC-Chapel Hill were the top two Universities chosen by the class of 2023. Rising NC State freshman Cece Ford shared her excitement for the school’s sports culture, saying she’s excited for upcoming game days. Meanwhile, future Tarheel Victoria Plant says she’s most excited to meet new people on campus.

Most students share Plant’s enthusiasm. Mihika Deopora, who committed to Indiana University, and Lindsay Toman, who plans to attend UNC Asheville, shared similar sentiments about expanding their social circle and participating in campus activities.

Some students like Sarayu Buchireddygari are excited to study their passions. Buchireddygari plans to attend Virginia Tech for architecture. Eli Bernier, heading to the Savannah College of Art and Design, looks forward to spending their days making art in the college environment. Both are ready to dive into their respective fields.

However, not everyone is eager to dive into campus activities. Some students are more interested in a chance to relax after a hectic senior year. Future Appalachian State student Jamie Lanzen told us she was ready for “evenings of watching Netflix in the dorm with her roommate.”

No matter where the class of 2023 decides to go or what fields they will pursue, they’re all ready for the challenge of college and careers. The Gators’ futures are bright!