Newest Clubs at the Swamp

We are three weeks into school at the swamp, and Gator Time begins on Tuesday. There are many existing clubs to choose from, but there are many new ones as well. These clubs focus on many different categories, including Arts & Expression, Diversity, Inclusion, Cultural Celebration, and World Language, Finance, Government, and Leadership, Service, and Special Interests. A great way to get involved in your school is joining a club based on your interests, and with the wide variety of clubs at Green Level, you are sure to find one you will enjoy. 

If you’re interested in community service, Sasha Moinuddin and Lucas Polanco’s Brown Bag Club might be the club for you. Advised by Mrs. Silvera and meeting biweekly on Tuesdays in room 0147, Brown Bag Club is a volunteer organization based in Apex that will have monthly volunteering opportunities in which you make bags for those less fortunate in the community. You can also earn volunteer hours as you volunteer with the club. Everyone is welcome, the more people the merrier! Sasha Moinuddin believes you should join Brown Bag Club because of the great community and it is an easy way to get involved in the community and get volunteer hours.

Maybe you’re more interested in learning about reproductive advocacy. The Reproductive Advocacy and Education Club, advised by Mrs. Hurd and meeting every other Tuesday in room 3115, was founded by junior Kyrra McCollum. Reproductive Advocacy and Education is focused on providing accurate and realistic sexual education for teens and is taught by professionals from the medical field. Nurses, doctors, Planned Parenthood advocates, and other professionals and organizations in the area will come to give talks to the club about things such as contraceptive options, consent and sexual assault resources, how to talk to your doctor about reproductive health, and more. Everyone is welcome at the club. Each meeting will have a theme and a topic and a professional to discuss that topic, so you can decide which club meeting topics appeal to you. Kyrra McCollum believes you should join the club in order to keep your body happy, healthy, and safe living in a society where sexual health is highly stigmatized and provides a safe, destigmatized environment for students to learn more about various topics under the reproductive advocacy umbrella. 

Are you interested in learning more about Caribbean culture and engaging in meaningful discussions and fun activities with other Caribbean students at Green Level? Sophie Singh founded the Caribbean Student Association in order to united the Caribbean population of the school and teach those who are not Caribbean what it means to be Caribbean. Everyone is welcome to join as long as you are willing to engage in the club and learn about the culture. Sophie Singh believes you should join CSA to learn about new cultures and respect those cultures. CSA will meet in Mrs. Singh’s room, 3151, every other Thursday. 

There are so many more options than the three highlighted above, so be sure to explore all of them! Connectivity begins on Wednesday, so be sure to sign up if you’re interested in joining a new club! If you are interested in advertising your club on The Gator’s Eye, please contact Mr. Kesterson or another member of The Gator’s Eye.