The Student News Site of Green Level High School

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

Top 10 Picks NFL Mock Draft

1. Chicago Bears

QB Caleb Williams, USC 

The Bears will select Caleb Williams with the #1 overall pick. He is by far the best QB in this draft class and he is a generational prospect. The Bears are looking to finally find their franchise QB after moving on from Justin Fields. Williams will be going into a relatively good situation compared to past #1 picks. He will have DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, and D’Andre Swift as his weapons this season. 

2. Washington Commanders

QB Jayden Daniels, LSU 

The Commanders are looking to fill their QB position also. They decided to move on from Sam Howell after a solid season, but they still are looking for their franchise guy. They will select the Heisman Trophy winner to look to fill that role. Daniels is an electric passer and runner who filled up the stat sheet in Baton Rouge. He enters into a franchise filled with controversy, hopefully, he can help change the culture. 

3. New England Patriots

QB Drake Maye, North Carolina

The 3rd QB is taken off the board as the Patriots select Drake Maye. Some scouts have labeled Maye as more of a project QB and don’t believe he will be able to start in his rookie season. The Patriots are in desperate need of a QB and if Maye pans out this will be a huge hit for Jerod Mayo in his first season. Maye has all the physical traits to be an elite QB. He has a great arm, he can play out of structure and he has a great dual-threat ability on the ground. Maye is going to light it up in the NFL and prove his haters wrong. 

4. Arizona Cardinals

WR Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State

The Cardinals will select Marvin Harrison with the #4 pick, in other draft classes he could’ve been the first player off the board. The Cardinals have been lacking a true #1 WR ever since DeAndre Hopkins left for the Titans. Some scouts are calling Marvin Harrison Jr. the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson. He is ready to follow in his Dad’s footsteps after having a fantastic career in Columbus. Kyler Murray and Harrison will be a fantastic duo for years to come. 

5. Los Angeles Chargers

TE Brock Bowers, Georgia 

The Chargers first draft pick in the Jim Harbaugh era will be Brock Bowers. This team is lacking weapons all across the board after the departure of Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, and Austin Ekeler this offseason. At Michigan, Harbaugh loved utilizing his TEs in the run-blocking game and the passing game. Bowers fits this mold perfectly and will be the highest-drafted TE since Kyle Pitts in 2021. Justin Herbert will have his new favorite target in Los Angeles. 

6. New York Giants

WR Malik Nabers, LSU 

The Giants have been struggling to find any sort of offensive identity recently and this offseason they lost their best player, RB Saquon Barkley to the Eagles. They will select WR Malik Nabers to try and fill the hole left in their WR core since Odell Beckham Jr. left back in 2019 with another LSU WR. Nabers is the all-time reception and receiving yards leader at LSU shattering records set by guys like Ja’Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, Jarvis Landry, and Odell Beckham Jr. He is very good at creating separation and winning at the catch point. Nabers also ran a 4.35 40 at his pro day which is incredibly fast. 

7. Tennessee Titans

OT Joe Alt, Notre Dame 

Recently hired Head Coach Brian Callahan and the Titans will select Joe Alt with the #7 pick in the draft.  The Titans OL finished last in the league in PFF’s rankings. Alt is a massive human standing at 6’9 and 321 pounds. He was a standout at Notre Dame 

and he will look to help to protect franchise QB Will Levis going into his second season. 

8. Atlanta Falcons

EDGE Dallas Turner, Alabama 

The Falcons will select Dallas Turner to strengthen their weak pass rush. Turner was very productive in college but he will need to put on some weight as he moves up to the NFL. He is a very good athlete and has great speed which allows him to make a lot of open-field tackles and get downhill very quickly. 

9. Chicago Bears

WR Rome Odunze, Washington 

The Bears will look to add their final piece to their WR core, pairing Caleb Williams with one of the best WRs in the draft. Williams recently tweeted that he saw Odunze on his flight to Detroit and said that he’s a fan of his game. Odunze is a fantastic route runner and has good size. If the Bears are able to land him here, they will have one of the best WR cores in the league. 

10. New York Jets

OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State

The Jets will select Olumuyiwa Fashanu out of Penn State to help protect Aaron Rodgers. He has the typical size that GMs are seeking out and he has really good footwork. The one knock on his game is he is not super physical or great at finishing blocks sometimes. The Jets need to bolster their OL and pair another tackle with Tyron Smith.