Biden Doesn’t Need Your Approval- Or The Rest Of America’s

What do Green Level students think of Biden?

Wikimedia

Our new President means many different things to people. A lot of students at Green Level are either strong Biden supporters, don’t care about politics, or are strong Trump supporters. But what about the adults of America, who can legally vote?

According to the NY times, Biden’s approval rating is less than any of his predecessors, save for Trump, with most of his opposition coming from Republicans. Disagreement comes between Democrats and Republicans on issues like climate change, racial injustice, and the COVID-19 pandemic. In fact, the only issue that both sides agreed upon was how to boost the economy and create jobs. Does this reflect the country’s divide, widened by Trump? Will any future President have the respect and endorsement of both rival parties? How do the students at Green Level feel about Biden? 

Sophomore Mara Brinton said, “I wish he was more pro-free healthcare and pro-Green New Deal, but he still has good attributes. Not my first choice, but thankful he won and happy about everything he’s done so far.” I couldn’t have said it better myself. 

Freshman Gabby Mcleod says, “Biden over Trump. Progressive but still not representative of POC, women, and LGBTQ.” Mcleod claims that he is not representative, but his cabinet is. He’s definitely progressive, and although he is a straight white man, I think his cabinet and other people that he has put into the white house are diverse and provide different viewpoints to the various bills and laws Biden supports. 

Freshman Trishna Cherukuri says “I think he’s good for the country. He has the right intentions, but he’s not a good person.” Cherukuri acknowledges that Biden is up to the mark, but claims he is not a good person, but is anyone in politics truly virtuous? 

Joe Biden is trying his hardest to close the gap between Americans. He puts his ego aside and helps those who show him their support, and those who did not vote for him.

A president should care about ALL of his citizens, not just the ones who look like him.