Women’s Soccer Comes Down the Stretch

Our Gator’s had two games following spring break. On Monday 4/5 they played against Athens Drive High School. Athens Drive is currently ranked first in our conference and our Gator’s fought hard all 80 minutes, however the game resulted in a 0-1 loss. Sophomore Goalkeeper, Emma Ludenia, had a brilliant game with a total of eight saves against the Jaguars.

On Wednesday 4/7 they came back ready to battle against Cary High School. It was a very even and competitive game with fouls being called left and right. Unfortunately near the end of the game Cary secured a goal, leaving the Gator’s with a 0-1 loss.

On Monday, 4/12 the JV team played at Home against Apex Friendship at 4:30pm. It was a tough game for them, resulting in a 0-5 loss. However, our Varsity team played directly after at Home against Hillside and obliterated them in a 9-0, maintaining the same score they had when they first played them at the beginning of the season. Freshman, Elle McGreevy led the Gators with a total of 4 goals. Freshman, Karleigh O’Sullivan finished the game with a total of 3 goals. Also, both Sophomore, Elyssa Falick, and Freshman, Maris Toppin contributed with a goal in the game.

Wednesday, 4/14 the Gator’s traveled to Jordan High School. They secured a solid goal in the first half by Sophomore, Olivia Zillmer. By the end of the first 40 minutes, Jordan was able to get in behind and score a goal. Our Gator’s went into the second half strong and it became a very even game. However, mid way through the second half, the Falcons got another goal, resulting in a 1-2 loss. This was the second time our Gators have played Jordan, improving magnitudes, with the first time resulting in a 0-3 loss.

Once this week wraps up, they are scheduled to have three games next week. Monday, 4/19 at Home versus Panther Creek. The JV game will take place at 4:30pm and Varsity right after at 6:30pm. 

The JV team will travel to Panther Creek on 4/20 as a rescheduled game from earlier in the season (5pm). 

This week our Gator’s got notice that they will be competing in the Conference Tournament. Games will be held every Monday and Wednesday.

The first round game will be held next Wednesday, April 21 away at Jordan High School. 

We are in the home-stretch of our Women’s Soccer 2021 season. We wish our Gators luck in their games to follow!