FAFSA For Seniors

Learn more about FAFSA on the board in front of Student Services. Photo by D. Khan.

It’s time, seniors! The FAFSA is finally open. So, what even is the FAFSA? Why is the FAFSA important? Should you waste your time on it? Throughout this article, I will provide you with all the information you need about FAFSA whether you should fill it out.

First things first, the FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This article is crucial to seniors, however, all classes should read this article because it will be helpful when it is their turn to apply to colleges. This is a form that is filled out mainly by aspiring undergraduate students, aspiring master’s degree students, aspiring Ph.D. students, and other future students. It is filled out so that students can get financial aid from the federal government to help out with the expenses of college. According to College Board, “Each year, over 13 million students who file the FAFSA get more than $120 billion in grants, work-study, and low-interest loans from the U.S. Department of Education.”

FAFSA  is completely free. You don’t have to be from a low-income family to qualify for financial aid. You automatically qualify for a $1000 scholarship from College Board just for submitting your FAFSA, and completing your FAFSA is one of the six steps you will need to do in order to qualify for a $40,000 scholarship opportunity from College Board. Completing your FAFSA is one of the most important things you can do if you need or want financial aid. I’d recommend everyone to fill it out.

Lastly, where do you fill out the FAFSA? Here is the link to filling out the FAFSA. Remember to create an account and use an email address that is permanent.