The NC State Fair

Source%3A+https%3A%2F%2Fthisisraleigh.com%2Fnc-state-fair%2F
Source: https://thisisraleigh.com/nc-state-fair/

As the fall season begins, so do the seasonal festivities. In North Carolina, this means it’s time for the State Fair. The NC State Fair is an annual event loved by all, with a record attendance of over a million people. With plenty of rides, food, and attractions, what’s not to love? 

Tickets are moderately low priced at under $15, so this is an event that’s accessible for everyone. Plus, when you buy tickets in advance, they are discounted. While there are plenty of attractions to enjoy without spending any extra money, there are additional tickets and passes available for things like rides, chair lifts, and Ferris wheels. Not only is this a fun opportunity for all ages, but there are also some educational opportunities on-site, for which some schools even take field trips. 

The first State Fair was held by the State Agricultural Society in 1853, making 2023 the 170-year anniversary of the State Fair in North Carolina! This year, the fair has introduced new rides such as the Techno, Tesla AC, Venetian Carousel, and Wipeout. In addition, there will be a world-class bird show, Rock-it the Robot, and many more attractions that are sure to gain the interest of plenty of fairgoers this year. 

Partnerships with the nearby university, North Carolina State, include the State Fair Ark, Primetime with the Pack, Howling Cow Ice Cream, and more. With plenty of competitions on site, there are many opportunities to earn prizes. This year’s North Carolina State Fair will take place from October 12th to 22nd, providing 10 days to experience the fall fun!

This poll has ended.

Do you plan on attending the NC State Fair this year?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.