Gator Fest Hits the Swamp

S. Janaki

Students take pictures at the photo booth the Leadership in Media class created.

Gator Fest spirit week was a big success. Each day of the week, we dressed up as something new to show our Green Level Spirit! To encourage students to dress up, the faculty made Gator Fest into a competition between the classes.

On Monday, we dressed up in pajamas. The students had a great day relaxing in sweatpants and other comfy clothes in their classes! The Sophomores had an excellent turn out and won the day.

On Tuesday, we had a Tacky Tourist day. This was our biggest turnout day! The freshman won this day which evened out the score.

On Wednesday, we had Jersey Day! Students wore jerseys of their own sports teams and their favorite sports teams. Sophomores won this day again, getting in the lead.

On Thursday, we had Spirit Day where students wore their Green Level merch. We also had a pep rally that day where we showed our Gator spirit. On this day it was announced that the Class of 2022 had won the spirit stick for the first time in Green Level history.

Unlike at other schools, a majority of Green Level students actually participated in the week. Many Sophomores were motivated by the thought of being beat by Freshman. 

We had no school on Friday but had a Football game against Panther Creek followed by a stadium dance party. We scored a win against Panther Creek and the turn out was incredible! We can’t wait till next year’s Gator Fest.