Artists From Home

Photograph by C. Barello, Graphic made by A. Guo

Take a look at the gallery to see what student artists have been doing at home since quarantine has began. If you would like to share your work with us, please do by messaging us on instagram @gatorseye

Last week, on Artists at Home, we featured artists Payton Kustka, Maren Molinaro, Daneen Khan, and Abigail Kutz, showing artwork they have made during the quarantine. This week we feature several more student artists: Olivia Kutz, Lucia Wang, Carly Barello, Simran Manku, Tanya Basak, and Srikar Desemesetti.

In this time people need to transfer their stress about the virus into something and for many artists, such as Srikar Desemsetti, art provides that outlet.

Desemsetti strongly believes M&M’s as in the candy is better than any competitor such as Skittles and he’s transferred his passion to this beautiful panel painting.

Art is a
great way to spend your time in quarantine, as it relieves stress, and allows creative thinking. Furthermore, there are many mediums of art you can learn in quarantine, with the student artists’ works as examples. If you are willing to share, please send in your artwork to @gatorseye on Instagram!