Women’s tennis starts their season strong

First home game against Jordan.

The Green Level women’s tennis team starts their season strong after a long and exciting win against Jordan High School. With a score of 7-2, the Gators fought for every ball, and gained a well deserved win. 

Playing tennis at 3:30 p.m under the afternoon sun is not an easy task, however the ladies pushed through and ended the singles matches with a close 4-2, followed by a 3-0 doubles – scoring more than the 5 points needed to win.

Coach Ramchandani, the head coach for women’s tennis, comments on how he thinks this season for the Gators will be like, “I think our team will perform really well this year. We have a solid, deep group of players. We have some new freshman, juniors and sophomores part of the group, so I think we can do well with our larger number of top players.” When asked about what he expects to be different this year, he said, “I think we can do better than last year, it depends on how the other teams are. We were third in the conference last year, so it’s a challenge, but if our players are ready to go and play hard every match, I think we have a good chance.”

Ranked 2nd, Ariana Mohan, a freshman player, expresses her excitement to play with her team, “I’m so excited for my first year here. I just had my first match, and everybody was so supportive, and I loved cheering on my teammates when they were playing too. It’s a really fun environment because usually in tennis matches outside of school, we don’t get to have coaching, so it feels really good to have that coaching, have that support from each other, and honestly, I’m most excited for getting ice cream after matches.” 

The Gator’s are pumped up and ready to play their next match against Panther Creek on May 3rd. Catch them on the courts to cheer them on!