Clubs in the Swamp

S. Talekar

Green Level students learn a bit more about their club options.

Student-initiated clubs are swamping the Gators of Green Level and students are excited. During the summer before school, students were given the chance to submit ideas for clubs. Over 179 clubs were submitted by the student body and only 39 clubs were approved. During orientation, students got the chance to look over the list of approved clubs and express their interest for certain ones. You can find the dates for the interest meetings on the Gators Eye Home Page under announcements. 

Our clubs at Green Level are so diverse that they match almost everyone’s interests. According to our assistant principal, Mr. Marchiando, here are a list of clubs that have been school approved.

If you enjoy volunteering or leading in your community these clubs might be right for you: General Services, Key Club, Tutoring Club, NHS, Animal Club, Freshman Council, or Sophomore Council. 

If you want to build on your academics or develop career-specific skills, consider FCCLA, FBLA, HOSA, DECA, SkillsUSA, FFA, Quiz Bowl, Coding and Programming, Math Club, Science Club, Literary Club, Spanish Club, Auto Club, or Chess Club. 

If you love the arts, you’ll love these clubs: Acapella, Art, Chamber Orchestra, Film, Photography, and Theatre. 

If want to create awareness about social issues within the school community consider joining Environmental Club, Mental Health Awareness Club, Positivity Club, or Project Unify/Best Buddies Club.  

If you like having passionate discussions these clubs have them all the time: Model UN, Round Table, Politics/Current Events, or Speech and Debate. 

If you are into athletics or even play a sport, you can join FCA or Sports and Rec.

Clubs associated with spiritual faiths include FCA, Young Life, and Muslim Student Association.

If you want to join a club affiliated with a cultural or individual identity that’s important to you, these might be of some interest: Muslim Student Association, LGBTQ+, and Girl Power. 

We have clubs here at Green Level that match every interest and offer amazing opportunities. Joining a club in high school involves you and challenges you in ways you never thought were possible. High school is not all about grades, it’s about making an experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Sophomores Nitya Olepu and Sreya Gnanavel expressed their enthusiasm recently, saying that “Clubs offer students a chance to expand their skills and get introduced into the real world.” So join a few clubs, get your hands dirty, and enjoy the ride.

Clubs held interest meetings last week and will continue to do so through this Wednesday. Check our announcements section for more details!