The Student News Site of Green Level High School

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

2023 Fall Fashion

It’s that time of the year again, fall is here and summer is left in the past, along with summer fashion. It’s time to put the tank tops and flip flops in storage and whip out the sweaters and boots. Fall fashion is quite simple but, if you want to be in with the trends, this is the article for you. 

Fall 2023 is all about comfort and versatility. Most people are starting to value comfort because it boosts their mood and confidence and it’s practical. So, just because your outfits aren’t as fancy or put together as past years, it doesn’t mean you’re not hitting the mark. So, to start with the epitome of comfy clothing, sweaters! Chunky sweaters are the perfect way to battle the cool weather and accomplish the perfect fall weather. You can even pair a chunky knit sweater over a turtleneck or mock neck shirt, this adds an extra layer of class to your look. Selena Gomez was seen wearing this style, she wore an oversized cardigan sweater layered over a black turtleneck. These chunky sweaters are usually neutral and monochrome colors like cream or tan but, adding a design or color could be fun, such as a striped sweater. 

Along with these sweaters, baggy jeans and corduroys are a great way to stay comfortable but fashionable. More specifically, although high rise jeans might have paired well with crop tops in the summer, it’s time to bring out low rise jeans. These low rise jeans have been reborn from the ‘90s and ‘00s fashion trends possibly by the popular show, Euphoria, where the characters rock these styles. If you’re not into jeans, another denim option is the denim maxi skirt. These are long skirts that hit around the mid calf but above the ankle. Maxi skirts are very versatile because denim jean is usually seen as more casual, but skirts dress up the outfit. 

If you live somewhere particularly cooler around this time of year, you may be looking for the perfect coat. The most popular looks for 2023 are oversized blazers, long business coats, or even trench coats. These are perfect for layering to add a more put together or mature look. Blazers are also versatile because they are perfect for both casual and formal occasions. These types of coats are timeless and classic for women’s clothing.

The final addition, to pull any outfit together, are accessories. In terms of jewelry, gold tube hoop earrings are super stylish for fall. Especially if you have your hair in an up-do, these are a great statement accessory that elevate any outfit. Next, your outfit is not complete without the perfect pair of shoes. This is the season of the low top shoes, especially retro shoes. For instance, the Adidas Sambas made a comeback this year, they can upscale any casual look or dress-down a more elevated outfit. Aside from Sambas, the Adidas Gazelles and Campus’ are trending from street style looks, to girly looks. For more fancier looks, loafers are having a revival for female fashion. These are retro but chic and can make any outfit look even more put together. 

So overall, you will look the most fashionable this year with these tips! These trendy recommendations will elevate your looks no matter what your style is! So sport your own, unique style this fall and embrace yourself!