What to do this Gator Day

As this Friday approaches, so does the first Gator Balance Day of the 2023-2024 school year. For those that don’t know, Gator Balance Days are special events that the school hosts on occasion in which various clubs and teachers hold different activities that students can sign up to join, promoting their club and helping students “balance” their work with some fun activities to build school spirit and community.

But what exactly are the activities to do this Friday? Well, for those who plan on going home after classes, there is a large assortment of activities to choose from. Many clubs are hosting various arts and crafts activities, such as an open henna session with Mrs. Hatip, friendship bracelet making with the Breaking the Cycle Club OR the“Cool 2 Be Kind Club, holiday card making with the Adopt a Grandparent Club, and yarn ornaments with the Art Club, just to name a few of the many different arts activities this Friday.

Athletically, there are quite a few activities too. The Fellowship of Christian Athletes takes the gym with activities like basketball, cornhole and spikeball, while the Fantasy Football Club is hosting a bunch of football games. There’s even Cricket with the adequately named Cricket Club for those interested in athletics outside of those offered by the school in official sports. Importantly, for any women interested in participating in the newly added women’s flag football, the interest meeting is being held this Friday by Mr. Fegeley.

Another category of things to do on Friday is food. There are quite a few food making activities by different clubs, such as No-Bake Energy Bites by the Food Ark, or cookie decorating by the Baking for a Benefit Club. Even beyond dedicated food clubs, there are food activities, like the Asian American Club’s DIY Asian snacks. The Film Club is also having movie watching with snacks, and the Hispanic Student Union and Black Student Union are having a big (members only!) potluck in collaboration with each other. 

Of course, there are many more activities to choose from, from sign language learning games with the American Sign Language Club, to a forensics-themed escape room with the Forensics Club, there’s something for everyone.

Overall, Gator Day is a time to relax, allow students to relieve some stress, and build school spirit. Fortunately, several clubs have planned fun and entertaining activities for this Friday’s Gator Day. These activities range from crafts, sports games, cooking, and more. So, make sure to sign up on AllTimely for one that interests you the most and bring some friends along!