Trump Found Guilty For Sexual Abuse and Defamation

A trial that began April 25th has now ended May 9th of 2023. Donald J. Trump has been found guilty of Sexual Abuse and Defamation of E. Jean Carroll. The jury of 6 men and 3 women has deemed Trump as a “disgrace”. Along with this, awarded the victim 5 million dollars in damages. The overall sadness of this trial is that Trump has been accused by dozens of women of sexual violence, but this case being the only allegation to be affirmed by a jury. Over 25 women have accused Trump of sexual assault, but only 2 came forward with their accusations before or during his first bid for the White House and took legal action against him. One action pertains to her sexual misconduct allegations against him, while the other action was an ongoing defamation lawsuit relating to Trump calling his accusers liars. 

In late 1995 or early 1996, in the Bergdorf Goodman department store, Carroll was assisting Trump to find a gift for another woman when he shoved her into a dressing room, shut the door, and assaulted her before she could escape. In 1997, Amy Dorris, who was a former model, came forward and told “the Guardian” that Trump forcibly kissed and groped her in the U.S. Open Tennis Tournament. Trump has been accused of rape, sexual assault, and sexual harrassment. He and his team have been continuously denying these accusations, calling the women “liars”, and telling the Press they are paid to make up stories. “I mean, they made false statements about me, knowing they were false. I never met them. I never met these people. And, what did they do? What did they do? They took money in order to say bad things,” Trump states at the Press Conference on September 27th, 2018. Trump has been recorded saying many things about women objectifying them and sexualizing them. “Just start kissing them…I don’t even wait,” and “Grab ‘em by the p—-.” 

Trump has a long line of assault accusations. Although these are quite a few there is only a certain amount of them that have come forward. Although Jean Carrol got justice, many of the other women have not. The 5 million dollar reimbursement won’t be enough for what she has lost, but it is slowly making amends.