The Student News Site of Green Level High School

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

Bands of Cary Recap

Last weekend, the Green Level Marching Band participated in the Bands of Cary Event at Green Hope High School. This event is a non-competitive showcase of bands where all four Cary schools – Panther Creek, Green Hope, Green Level, and Cary – perform their shows for each other before the competition season. I had the chance to interview Green Level seniors Alex Yang, Geneva Joshua, and Owen Forbes, who are band members. 

“During the competition season, we hardly get to watch each other, so this is a great way for us to support our friends down the road!” Green Level band member Geneva Joshua shared her thoughts on the event.

Sadly, this year’s showcase had to be moved indoors due to unexpected weather, forcing the bands to perform their shows in a standstill position inside the gym. The Panther Creek Marching Band chose not to appear due to the weather.

“It was really disappointing that we didn’t get to watch their full performance, we still had a great time meeting and watching other people who have been doing the same thing as us since July,” says Owen Forbes, a Green Level senior in the band.

When asked about the weather, Alex Yang confidently claims,

“Obviously, it’s not ideal. One good thing about what we do is our ability to adapt. I’m proud of us for getting the job done.”

As for the other performances, Owen Forbes says,

“They did great!I hope I get to see their full show later on this season” As for the future of the band, Alex Yang seems hopeful: “We already have 2/3 of the show down; obviously, there’s a lot more to work on, but the future is bright. I have faith in us.”

Overall, the Bands of Cary event went pretty well, given the circumstances. Congratulations to the Green Level Band for putting on a great show! Good luck as your competition season begins soon!