College Gameday Coming to Durham

photo credits: Chuck Givens

College Gameday is coming to Duke University on Saturday, September 30th, from 9am-12pm and the game starts at 7:30pm.  This is Duke’s first time hosting College Gameday for football. The show is free to get into and seating is first come first serve. The show is headlined by many football analysts such as Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Pat McAfee, Desmond Howard and Rece Davis. They will preview all the upcoming games and give their predictions while interacting with the crowd and fans. 

The atmosphere will be electric as there is a ton of buzz around this game and Duke’s football program in general this year. I asked Duke fan and Green Level Student, Landon Moore why he plans to go to College Gameday. He said, “It’s a cool experience getting to see different people’s perspectives on their favorite teams and seeing the different types of signs and items people will bring to College Gameday as well.”

Duke’s football team is on a roll this year with a record of 4-0 as they face Notre Dame this Saturday. This game means a lot to Duke as it would be huge to knock off a football powerhouse.  The all-time record between the two teams is 2-5 with Duke last beating the Fighting Irish in 1961. We asked Green Level student and Duke lacrosse commit Jackson Spells about the game and he said, “Riley Leonard is the best Quarterback to step foot in America.”

Notre Dame is coming off a heartbreaking loss to Ohio State at the last second. People always criticize Notre Dame on their inability to win big games and this is an opportunity for them to flip the script. I asked Notre Dame fan and Green Level student Dillon Kaufman about the game and he said, “It will be a good game but Notre Dame will definitely come out on top.”

Even if you don’t go to the game or aren’t a fan of either team, College Gamdeday is a great experience for even the casual sports fan. If you have no plans this weekend it is an opportunity that you shouldn’t pass up!