NBA Playoff Update

Getty Images/Ringer illustration
Getty Images/Ringer illustration

The NBA finals are getting close and the conference finals have been set for the east and west. On the east, we have the Indiana Pacers and the Boston Celtics, and on the west, we have the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Dallas Mavericks.

The East has been declared as the easiest side with the least amount of competition and star-studded players. In the previous round the Pacers faced the New York Knicks in a series that went to 7 the Pacers fought hard to get the win even with fans thinking they’d lose. It’s very big for them to be where they are. The Celtics are the favorite to win the Finals with the amount of wins they’ve had this season and the power and chemistry we see them have. 

The West was the hardest because of the reigning champs and other teams with a bunch of stars. The Timberwolves had tough teams to play, they had to face the Suns who have 3 superstars and all-stars on their team( Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal). That was just the first round. In the second round they had to face the reigning champions the Denver Nuggets, first, it looked like the Wolves were about to sweep them getting two easy wins. Then the Nuggets turned things around and got 2 back-to- back wins and the next thing you know the series was in game 7 and the Wolves won it, this was their first time making it to the conference finals in 20 years. The Mavs had a tough playoff schedule as well, their first-round matchup was against the Clippers which went to game 6 and the Mavs were able to hold them off. In the second round, they had to play the number one seed, the Thunder, with a bunch of very young and talented ball players. This series went to game 6 as well and the Mavs made it to the conference finals.

The conference finals have a lot of hype around it because none of the previous champs are in it and this would be the first time that each team would win a finals on both sides so it’s very exciting to see. The Celtics and Pacers played on the 21st and the Celtics won it in overtime, so that series is (1-0 Celtics) the Timberwolves play on the 22nd and it would be the first game of the series.