The Student News Site of Green Level High School

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

Gators Sweep the Catamounts

ig%3A+%40g_l_athletics
ig: @g_l_athletics

On Tuesday, September 26th, the Panther Creek Catamounts hosted the Green Level Gators who are ranked 7th in the state. These two schools have a known rivalry that brings lots of energy to both teams. Last time these two teams met Panther Creek was able to win one set and then the Gators were able to catch fire and secure a dominant 3-1 win. I asked Soph. Lindley Miller how they prepared for this game and she said, “We practiced serve receive and running middles a lot because that has been a big focus for us. We also had to mentally prepare that we had to show up because any team can beat any team. It just depends on who shows up that day.” The Gators had a great game plan and were ready for Tuesday night’s game.

The game was close in the beginning of the first set. Soon enough the Gators looked like too much to handle for the Catamounts. Delivering powerful hits and getting some high level blocks at the net. Once the Gators got rolling, they were able to get the sweep, finishing the game 3-0. When asked how it felt to sweep Panther Creek last night Jr. Mia Sellman said, “Good since it took us 4 sets last time we played them. We went in wanting to play well so that we could get it done in 3 this time.” The Gators look to carry this momentum into the rest of their season.