The Student News Site of Green Level High School

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

Top 5 Halloween Costumes for 2023

Having trouble deciding the best costume to wear this halloween? Well, your search ends here! These costumes are perfect for this year, for you to embrace the best moments from 2023.

1) First, with the release of the Barbie movie this July, Barbie is a major trend for not only Halloween but other events. Here at Green Level High School, we had a Barbie vs. Ken day during homecoming spirit week. So, for couples, Barbie and Ken is the perfect costume to stick with the trends. Or, if you are a best friend duo, you can be Barbie and Raquelle. The best thing about this costume is you can customize it and make it your own. There are so many versions of Barbie. One that should be especially popular this year is the Cowgirl Barbie that appeared in the movie.

2) The next movie that will influence popular costumes this year was the release of the live action The Little Mermaid. Dressing as a siren or mermaid would be such a great costume for this year. This costume is really put together through the accessories, you can elevate the costume through fun additions to a simple outfit. Like coastal jewelry, cool tones of makeup, and mermaid like articles of clothing.

3) Next, possibly the biggest name in all of pop culture, Taylor Swift! Dress up as your favorite Taylor Swift era, one that should be specifically common would be 1989 because Swift announced her upcoming release of 1989 Taylor’s Version. You can accomplish the perfect 1989 look with shiny fabrics, sequins, and colorful makeup. This costume would be especially successful with a big group of friends because each girl can be a different era!

4) Now, a TV show that is almost perfect for this Halloween, Wednesday Addams. This costume is from the hit Netflix series, Wednesday, based on the Addams family. This is an all black, edgy look which of course includes the classic two braids Wednesday, played by Jenna Ortega, rocks in every episode. Wednesday Addams is the perfect costume if you’re going for a spooky look this Halloween. 

5) Finally, here are a few more specific, honorable mentions. First, Rihanna and her backup dancers from the Super Bowl halftime show. Rihanna wore an all red outfit which consisted of a bodysuit and an unzipped red overalls. Her backup dancers wore big, puffy, white jackets and pants, they have even been compared to marshmallows. These outfits are easy to accomplish and quite memorable. The last costume is dressing as Beyoncé at her Renaissance tour. Beyoncé wore a shiny, metallic bodysuit and was wrapped in a big, silver comforter. This outfit is so fun and so perfect for Halloween 2023!

So there you have it! These costumes are perfect for anyone looking to impress everyone with their classic 2023 outfit. With one of these costumes, you will be the talk of the neighborhood!