NC State vs. UNC

Photo by: Jeffrey A. Camarati

This Saturday the NC State Wolfpack take on the UNC Tar Heels at the Dean Dome. This will be the second time these two teams face off against each other this year. In the first matchup the Tar Heels handled business taking home a 67-54 win over the Wolfpack. Both teams are guard heavy with an elite presence down low. The Tar Heel offense has been electric recently with R.J Davis’ recent 42 point game against Miami. Armando Bacot has been pretty consistent on offense both on the glass and finishing around the rim this season. He will be faced with a huge matchup against DJ Burns who could be a matchup nightmare. He is a large force with great touch around the rim. However I wonder if the finesse of Armando Bacot can hang with the dominant force of DJ Burns. DJ Horne will be the one matched up against R.J Davis. He will not only be given the task to play elite defense but he and the other guards on this team will have to get buckets at a high clip to compete with the Tar Heels high powered offense.

Around the school we are full of NC State and UNC fans. This will be an elite matchup that a lot of Green Level students will be tuned in for. I asked Jr. Owen Taylor what his prediction for the game will be. He said, “NC State will win the game tomorrow because of the cockiness that UNC will have coming into this game. UNC will think they will wipe the floor but NC State will use that to their advantage and win.” There are a lot of NC State fans I know who will be hoping this prediction comes true to have their last hopes to make March Madness. I asked Jr. Andrew Langdon what he thinks will be the outcome of the game. This is what he had to say: “NC State will keep the game close initially because this game is always their Super Bowl. Once they cool off and go back to playing how they normally do, UNC will run away with this game winning by 20+. UNC has exponentially more talent than the Wolfpack and are a more veteran team, this won’t be a game after the first 10 minutes.” The UNC fans of Green Level know they are coming in this game as heavy favorites but cant let up to keep the North Carolina pride and a high seed in March Madness.

This Saturday be sure to tune in to this fast paced matchup between two exciting teams. Two huge North Carolina names who are playing in one of the most legendary arenas to ever exist maybe for the last time. High level matchups in both the front and backcourt will determine who comes out victorious in this rivalry matchup.