NC State Season Comes to an End in Final Four

On Saturday night, the NC State Wolfpack men’s basketball team took on the Purdue Boilermakers in the Final Four game in Arizona. Going into the game, NC State had a record of 26-14 while Purdue came into the game with a solid record of 33-4. The odds were in Purdue’s favor from the start but there was still so much support and hope from State fans all over the country. 

Back in Raleigh on the NC State campus, the school shut down Hillsboro Street, which is the main and most popular street on campus, to have a huge watch party for state students, families, and fans. The street was closed from 2 pm on Saturday until 1 am on Sunday. People from all over the area gathered together and cheered on the Wolfpack. The team has gone through its ups and downs in the past but this season was different. They surprised every single state fan by making it so far. Their hopes went from just playing decently to seeing them beat some of the top schools in the country. I asked a Mrs. Schaefer, State fan, about how they viewed this season.

What are your thoughts about the State season?

I thought it was an okayish season until the ACC tournament and March Madness.

Do you think they would’ve gone all the way?

No. Uconn is probably gonna beat Purdue. Uconn and Purdue are the better two teams. 

If you filled out a bracket, who did you have winning?

Duke. I had UNC and Duke in the final.

The team strived in the postseason and really showed just how good they can be. And while they lost to Purdue in the Final Four game (63-50), the support from fans all over the country was amazing. Congratulations on a great season Wolfpack and we can’t wait to see the team back at it again next season!