NCAA 25 Potential Cover Athletes

Picture Credits: Heartland College Sports

On Monday April 29th, Extra Points’ Matt Brown reported the EA Sports College Football 25, which is coming out this summer, will have multiple different covers. These cover athletes will be of different positions and different conferences. These athletes have not been released yet so here is a player from each conference that I believe should earn their own cover. 

Big 10: S Caleb Downs, Ohio State

The Alabama transfer, Downs is the best defensive player in the country. As a true freshman he was a first team All-American. Downs will have to stay in college for an additional season after this one as he is only going to be a sophomore. He is going to make a huge impact in Columbus for the rest of his career, in one of the most storied and successful programs in College Football history. He is the clear choice for the Big Ten’s cover athlete. 

Other Considerations: QB Dillon Gabriel (Oregon), CB Will Johnson (Michigan)

Big 12: QB Shedeur Sanders, Colorado

Sanders is the most profitable player in College Football, it would be a grave mistake if he was not on the cover. He is a sure-fire Top 10 pick for next season and he is very captivating especially in the young fan’s eyes as we saw with the “Shedeur” celebration last season.  Even though the Buffaloes were 4-8 last season, Sanders was phenomenal and truly held back by his offensive line. The Buffaloes will be looking to continue to rebuild this program and make some noise in their first season in the Big 12. 

Other Considerations: RB Ollie Gordon II (Oklahoma State), QB Noah Fifita (Arizona)

SEC: WR Luther Burden III, Missouri

If you’re just a casual College Football fan, you might not know how good Luther Burden III is. He was so dynamic for Missouri last season putting up 1,212 YDs and 9 TDs. He was the catalyst of this offense that led the Tigers to an 11-2 record finishing 8th in the final AP poll.  He is clearly the best WR in College Football going into next season and he will be a top 10 pick in the upcoming NFL draft. 

Other Considerations: QB Quinn Ewers (Texas), QB Jalen Milroe (Alabama)

ACC: RB Omarion Hampton, UNC

The UNC RB came out of nowhere last season and had a huge season after earning the starting role. Hampton was 5th in the country in rushing yards last season, with 1,504 YDs and 15 TDs. With the departure of Drake Maye, Hampton will be taking on even more of the offensive responsibilities. He will be one of the best RBs in the country next season and is the best option for the ACC to put on the cover. 

Other Considerations: QB DJ Uiagalelei (Florida State),  Kevin Concepcion (NC State)