Green Level vs. Green Hope Game Preview

ig%3A+%40greenlevelfootball
ig: @greenlevelfootball

As the season comes to an end, Green Level faces Green Hope away today, October 20th, 2023. Although both teams have had their ups and downs throughout the season, this matchup is going to require both teams to play physically and efficiently in order to come out on top. Last year, Green Level took a hard hit from a 42-25 loss to Green Hope, leaving them with a 2-7 record with one game to spare. Although Green Hope didn’t enter any stats for last year’s game, stats for Green Level show that Gavin Jones, the Gator’s QB1 concluded this contested match with 113 yards, averaging 9.4 yards per reception. Symon Sadler, the lead rusher for the Gators had a breakaway game, finishing with 175 yards and 2 touchdowns. Both of these players will be leading their team to a hopeful victory Friday night against the Falcons. 

This season, Green Level is currently sitting at 2-6, hoping to add one more win to the record against Green Hope. Green Hope still remains anonymous as they continue to hide their stats, but is finishing out the season with a current losing record of 1-7, remaining completely defeated in conference. A competitive match is on its way, with the team scoring average differentiating by .1 points: Green Level averaging 19.4 points per game and Green Hope averaging 19.5. Other stats put the Falcons on top regarding rushing yards, averaging 195.8 yards per game, 46.8 more than the Gators. As for passing yards, Green Level defeats Green Hope, averaging 105.1 yards per game in comparison to Green Hope’s 52.6 yards per game. Each team has different threats and weapons that need to be watched out for, such as Symon Sadler, Elijah Tinnin, and Gavin Jones for the Gators, along with Josiah Moore and Jackson Tolbert for the Falcons. 

Ben Woolf, Green Level Football’s head coach, provided insight on Friday’s game and what needs to be done for the Gators to finish with a win. “For us to win tonight, we have to do our job, and play a complete game. Offensively we need to take care of the ball, defensively we need to win first downs.” 

Tonight will bring a heated match between the Gators and Falcons, with students from both schools supporting their teams in hopes of bringing it home.