The Student News Site of Green Level High School

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

Lily Willis to Louisville

Cassie+Barello+commits+to+Louisville.%0Apic+creds%3A+Lily+Willis+
Cassie Barello commits to Louisville. pic creds: Lily Willis

Just recently, Lily Willis, a Junior at Green Level High School committed to swim at the University of Louisville! She has been swimming for over 11 years and is ranked #5 in North Carolina. All in all, her impressive skills and commitment to swim have paid off. In order to learn more about her process I personally spoke with her to ask a few questions.

How was the process of committing and do you have any advice for other athletes?

“Overall, it was really fun to be able to experience visiting different colleges and seeing where I could possibly go once I graduate. However, I also found the process pretty stressful because it can be a really difficult decision!”

Do you have any advice for highschool athletes interested in playing in college?

“My advice to any athletes wanting to play their sport in college would be to go where your heart tells you. Don’t let others influence you too much and find a college that has what you are looking for. Also, something that was really helpful for me was to narrow down my decisions earlier so that it was easier for me to decide on where to commit.”

Why did you choose Louisville? 

“The reason I chose the University of Louisville really came down to the team and coaches. They have a great swimming program and I know I will really enjoy it there. I also think that being there will allow me to be the best swimmer I can be. Not only that, but there are a lot of things I am looking forward to such as the Kentucky Derby. I really think it will be a fun place for college and swimming, especially for being an athlete!”

A huge congratulations to Lily and best of luck to her as she swims for the University of Louisville in the upcoming years. Go Cardinals!