2024 Honors Dance Concert

Credit: @g_l_dance on Instagram

Today, March 8th, the Honors Dance class has its very own concert! Starting at 7:00 p.m. (although doors open at 6:30), it takes place in the Green Level High School auditorium. After the culmination of the Honors Dance III and IV classes, students will take to the stage and perform various dances, all of which are student-created. This means many performers choreographed their own dances and will participate in them as well! These dances range in style from contemporary, to jazz, to hip-hop, and more, so every dance is different from the others!

We wanted to see what some of the performers themselves thought about the concert. Senior Alezandra D’mello said “I am very excited for the Honors Concert! This is the time where we as student choreographers get to showcase our work on stage in a show focused solely on honors students’ choreography. We have worked very hard on these pieces since the end of last year, with each dance telling a different story, evoking different feelings and emotions! I’m so proud of us and can’t wait for these dances to be showcased on stage!”

On top of these group dances, there are also the Senior Solos, dance solos where the Honors Dance seniors take to the stage and showcase their very own, self-choreographed performances! One of these performing seniors, Brooklynn Colwell, commented “I think it’s going to go great! I’m super excited to showcase this dance to the audience and show off my choreography!”

Tickets cost $10.00 each, and can only be pre-purchased online, so make sure you buy before you get there! Seats are assigned, so get them soon!