The Student News Site of Green Level High School

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

GL 7v7 Football Season

Ig: triangle_7v7, Picture Credits: @iamjakitamonae

7v7 is a type of football in which the offensive and defensive line are not featured. The game is played with a QB and 5 WRs on offense and the defense consists of 7 players composed of CBs, LBs and Safeties. When the offense scores they get 6 points and then have the option to go for 1 extra point from the 5 yard line or 2 extra points from the 10 yard line. If the defensive team stops the offense on 4th down, they receive 2 points and if they intercept the ball from the offense they get 3 points. In order to get someone “down”, the defense just tags them with one hand. There are 3 first downs throughout the 40-yard field. Games are typically played in 25 minute halves. 7v7 is typically played in the spring and it is used to help polish players skill sets and allow them to not have the wear and tear of tackle football.  

Members of the Green Level Football team are playing on a team together this spring in the Triangle 7v7 League. This team is undefeated with a record of 6-0 and securing the #1 seed for the playoffs this upcoming weekend. The team has beaten high schools such as Wakefield, Cary, Panther Creek, and a combined team of Apex, Apex Friendship and Middle Creek. They are coached by Kevin Monroe who is also the director of the league and father of Green Level WR Marcus Monroe. The roster includes:

QB Andrew Langdon

QB Josh De Oliveira

WR/S Jordan Tatum

WR Andrew Burkall

WR Marcus Monroe

WR/LB Matthew Seyss

LB Will Estes

CB Bhargav Zala

LB Tyreke Smith

RB/S Dillon Kaufman

LB Austin Conway

WR Michael Molina

WR Adam De Oliveira

WR/S Jacob Fedich

LB Anthony Zheng

LB Landon Moore

CB Daniel Estes