Wrestling Season Preview

The Gators after their win versus Cary, taking home the Crosstown Cup. @g_l_athletics

Going into the 2023-2024 wrestling season, the Green Level team is ranked number 7 in the 919 area code by High School OT. Preseason workouts consisting of conditioning and lifting are in full swing to get the wrestlers in shape for the season ahead of them. 

Last season was  monumental for the gators. The first ever Green Level women’s wrestling team was created and had great success individually and as a group. The men’s team took home the Crosstown Cup and the SWAC championship, and qualified for dual team regionals for the first time in program history. One male wrestler and two female wrestlers qualified for the NCHSAA state tournaments. 

Aiden Middleton, a member of the men’s wrestling team, is excited about the season. “My goals are to win and to be a leader for the team. I hope for all the hard work the team has put in to pay off,” he says.

This season, with a brand new coaching staff consisting of Ethan Leighton and Ed Ross, new wrestlers, and new goals in mind, the gators are destined to succeed. 

This year, the overarching goal is simple: to win. The team is chasing yet another conference championship, and even a regional and state title. 

Come support the team at their first home dual on December 6th versus Panther Creek and look out for a full schedule coming soon!