Green Level Swim Team Makes History

Looking over the first meets ever of Green Level Swim & Dive we realized that last Wednesday’s performance was the best in our history! “Last week was the best one,” said Aidan Penn. You won’t want to miss hearing about some phenomenal performances in events all across the Gator board. 

The Team’s Performance

To start, I’ll discuss the overall gator performance in which Green Level got the best ranking in history! To see these scores please refer to the photo gallery which also contains photographs from the meet. ¨We got 2nd in womens and 3rd in men ́s,̈ says Freshman swimmer, Mahi Patel. Captain, Colton Wade shared these phenomenal scores and how he lead the rest of the swimmers to a great win. “We lost the first one (we did better than the previous meet),” Wade shares. The team has improved so much over the span of only two meets so I can speak for all of The Gator’s Eye staff when I say, if the team has gotten better this quickly than we are excited to see how great swim & dive team becomes this season. 

The Best Individuals

The team had a fantastic performance as you know, but what really captured the school’s interest was the individual performances. Not only did it captivate us but it also captivated athletic director, Fegeley causing him to give Freshman swimmer, Natalie Jeanette a gator coin for breaking a record! Jeanette shares how proud she was to earn that gator coin, “I am very proud of my relay for getting our Regional Cut.” Cole Artman (pictured in the gallery), Abby Lu, and Captain Colton Wade also went above and beyond the teams performance. Wade shared his personal achievements, “I got first place in the 2 free.” 

Jeanette shares her proud emotions looking back on the meet corresponding with how the other swimmers thought, “I was really proud of our team because we only have freshmen and sophomores and we had to swim against all grades of high school. That could’ve been intimidating for us, but we came together as a team and tried as hard as we could and ended up placing 2nd at our most recent meet…I’m excited to see how the Gators can do as a young, new team with so much potential!” The Green Level Swim & Dive team has shown so much improvement in their very little amount of meets, so we’ll keep you updated with the great performances we’re sure they will continue having!