The Student News Site of Green Level High School

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

The Gator's Eye

Gators Defeat the Falcons

Green Level vs Green Hope Volleyball Recap
ig: greenlevelhigh
The Green Level volleyball team and student section after their win versus Green Hope on September 12th.

On Tuesday, September 12th, the Green Level Gators faced off against the Green Hope Falcons. It was a big game for the Gators going into the game, as they were ranked number 9 and looking to upset the Falcons who were ranked number 4 in the state. When asked why this game was so significant, Soph. Riley Taylor said, “It is personal between players and the student section and because Lindley came from Green Hope last year.”

The atmosphere was amazing. Both student sections were full and you could feel the energy in the gym. The Gators started off slow, losing the first set 24-26; however, the Gators had a dominant turn around and completely took over the game. The next three sets were all Green Level. Lindly Miller and Alexis O’connell had dominant performances to help lead the team.

After being asked how it felt to get the big win over Green Hope, Sr. Asia Thigpen said, “It felt great. I think that was the best volleyball we have seen the whole year and at the same time we played our best. Shoutout to Hannah Pantiga for running the whole court and doing a great job.” This was a massive win for the Gators and hopefully they can keep it rolling when they take on Middle Creek this Thursday, September 14th.