GL Men’s Basketball Season Preview

Picture Credits: Aleena Dard

The Green Level basketball team has officially finalized its 14-man roster for the upcoming 2023-2024 season. The Gators tip off their season on November 17th @8:00PM vs the Broughton Capitals. This team has high expectations coming into the season with many media outlets such as The Wake Show and Wake Hoops on Twitter, projecting them to not only win the SWAC but be a top 3 team in Wake County. The Gators are returning 76% of their scoring from the previous season when they went 19-9. They also are adding 6 guys from the 18-4 JV basketball team from last year. 

Here is the full roster for the 2023-2024 Green Level Men’s Basketball Team:

SR G Tye Cain

SR F Trey Manhertz

SR G Daylen Stephens
SR F Theo Gooch

JR F Isaac Ericksen

JR G Izzy Eatman

JR F Owen Taylor

JR G Eric Powell Jr. 

JR G Ryan Keenedy

JR F Jordan Martin

JR F Jordan Tatum

SO G Garrett Midkiff

SO G Trevor Manhertz

SO F Tyson Miller

I asked the returning leading scorer Jr. Isaac Ericksen on his goals for this upcoming season and how Green Level will deal with the pressure of their high expectations this year. “This season some goals I have set for this team are to win a conference title, have the best regular season record in Green Level history and make a run for a state championship this year. I am fueled by the playoff loss from last year and it left a bad taste in our mouth. We have to focus on keeping our minds right, not underestimating any teams and taking it game by game,” he said. I also asked Sr. Trey Manhertz what he hopes to accomplish at Green Level before he leaves, he said “I want to win the first conference championship in our school’s history and I want to make a deep playoff win.” 

This team has big goals for this season and will be a force to be reckoned with in not just the SWAC but in NC this year.