Green Level vs. Cary MBB Preview

ig%3A+greenlevelmbb
ig: greenlevelmbb

As we enter the second round of conference play, Green Level takes on the Cary Imps at Cary on Friday, February 2nd, 2024. Green Level, coming off a close win against Panther Creek on Tuesday remains both undefeated in conference as well as overall, with a 19-0 overall record. Cary, a team with a 4-15 record will have to bring out their best skills in order to keep up with this talented Gators basketball team on Friday. 

During the 2022-2023 season, the Gators went 1-1 against the Imps, falling short at a score of 57-50 after their second conference matchup. Stats from the 53-36 win last year against Cary on December 9th conclude the Gators playing 10 of their players, with 8 putting points on the board. Stand out players from this game include Israel Eatman, Tye Cain, and Isaac Ericksen, all of which will be contributing to a hopeful victory against the Imps. As for Cary, Sr. Brishawn Haywood and Soph. Stone Holcombe led their team in points during this game, both recording double digits and sitting at 11. 

This year, star players for the Gators include 6’9 Jr. Isaac Ericksen, who recently surpassed the 1000 point mark in the game against Green Hope. Ericksen leads the Gators in points, recording 336 points on the year, averaging 17.7 points per game. Israel Eatman, a 6’4 Jr. trails just behind Ericksen, averaging about 13.3 points per game, with 259 points on the season. The Gators are led by point guard Tye Cain, who leads the team in both assists and steals and has great ball knowledge, making it a smooth ride for the Gators. Lead rebounders include Ericksen with 8.4 per game, as well as 6 ‘5 Sr. Trey Manhertz, coming in at 79 overall rebounds this year, with an average of 5.8 per game. Other standout players include starter Trevor Manhertz, a 6 ‘3 sophomore with talents in all fields. In total, the Gators team averages 62.5 points per game, 30.2 rebounds per game, and 14.8 assists per game. 

For the Imps, Stone Holcombe leads Cary in points, averaging 17.7 PPG, with an 86% FT percentage and 39% 3FG. Rayshone Gullatt, a defensive specialist comes in first in many fields, with 6.2 RPG, 1.3 SPG, and 0.4 BPG. Other standout players include Simon Eyob, leading the Imps in dishes, coming in at 3.0 APG. Overall, the Cary men’s basketball team averages 51.0 points per game, 22.3 rebounds per game, and 22.3 assists per game. 

Friday’s game will determine whether the Gators go 2-0 over the Imps this season, with support from students and staff contributing from both teams.