Spring Sports Update

Green Level spring sports teams collage. Photo Credits: sm.snaps23/michaelphotos_1/ brittanycrossportraits/qp_pics/ g_l_athletics

As the Green Level spring sports teams have reached the halfway point of conference matchups and most are nearing the end of their season, we can look back at how the teams have improved and how they are looking to finish out the ‘24 season.

It was announced on April 16th that Green Level has clinched the Crosstown Cup scoreboard with an overall record of 16 wins and only 5 losses to the Imps.

Softball swept Cary with their most recent 20-4 win versus the Imps. 

Girl’s Lacrosse is 3-9 in the conference, with wins versus Cary (2) and Apex.

Men’s Tennis has done quite well with an overall record of 11-4-1, after playing in a total of 142 matches and winning 86 of them.

Girl’s Soccer sits 5-3-1 in conference with still 5 matchups left.

Baseball will play in their last two games of the season versus the Apex Friendship Patriots next week on April 23rd and April 26th.

Men’s Lacrosse currently sits at 2nd in the SWAC with a 10-1 record. Many of the players have reached milestones this season. Most recently in their 14-7 win versus Holly Springs on April 16th, Jr. Kelan Moore hit 100 career points, Sr. Jackson Spells reached 100 career goals, and Sr. Austin Hyrn became the second person in program history to reach 200 career points. The team has 3 games next week to finish up their conference play.

Moore said, “If we beat Middle Creek that puts us in a great spot to win the SWAC which will put us where we need to be for playoffs. We definitely have the talent to do it but we need everyone to be focused and put in the effort.”

Men’s Golf has played in 7 matches, finishing in 3rd place a total of four times, and having two 2nd place finishes. We got the chance to talk to Jr. Quin Covington about how the season is going so far, he told us, “We are headed into a good spot for regionals and states again this year,  it took us a while to get going last year but consistent scores from myself and Peter, along with Davis and Cooper continuing to do what they have been doing we definitely are in a good spot for regionals and states again this year.”

The stunt team has kept an undefeated record, after a total of 8 meets. The playoffs will take place on May 1st.

The track and field team has had several top finishes in their meets throughout this season thus far. On April 8th, the program competed in the Outrun The Storm Invitational. The girl’s team finished 1st place for the meet and the men’s team finished in 6th place. They will go on to compete at regionals on May 11th.

We wish all of the teams luck as they near the end of their seasons and wrap up the 2023-2024 athletic year!