Women’s Golf Places Second at Prestonwood

Green Level women’s golf team at Prestonwood after their match. @g_l_wgolf

Last Monday, September 18th, the women’s golf team took on Prestonwood for their 5th SWAC match of the season. So far, the team has a solid record of three 1st place finishes and two 2nd place finishes. The season started strong, and there is still so much golf to play.

The Prestonwood match was quite competitive as all of the top 3 teams were within 10 strokes of each other. Apex took home first place with a team score of 113, Green Level placed second with a team score of 116 just scraping past Green Hope who finished third with a team score of 117. The Gators had 3 scores in the 30s this match. Jr. Lauren Eggers led the team with a 38 (+3), then Jr. Niki Kale and So. Eliana Kim both shot 39 (+4). This match is the lowest combined score that the team has gotten to this season and they are excited to try and go lower.

I got the chance to talk to So. Eliana Kim about her round on Monday,

How did you feel about your match on Monday? 

“I was actually pretty proud of it due to the conditions I was in, like being sick and having stomach aches. I’m just really proud of it.”

What do you hope to improve on throughout the rest of the season? 

“Definitely my putting because I have been missing a lot of 3-foot putts but also my attitude towards the game and trying to be happy with how I’m playing.”

The team has 2 matches this week, Eagle Ridge on Tuesday 9/26, and MacGregor Downs on Thursday 9/28. Good luck girls, we know you will do great!