GL vs PC Basketball Preview

Photo of the Week from the men’s basketball game versus Athens Drive on December 8th. pic creds: Glenn Garver

This Friday, December 15th, Green Level takes on Panther Creek in a rematch of the SWAC semi-finals last year. The Gators won the 3-game series last year, going 2-1 vs the Catamounts. This is one of the biggest rivalries in Wake County as they are just 5 miles down the road from each other and many of the students went to middle school together. 

Green Level is currently 5-0 with wins over Athens Drive, Rolesville, Willow Springs, Fuquay-Varina, and Broughton. Jr. Isaac Ericksen leads the way averaging about 17 PPG and Jr. Izzy Eatman is right behind him with about 16 PPG. So. Trevor Manhertz has been a spark plug averaging around 9 PPG with high shooting percentages, they will need him and Sr. Tye Cain to generate offense too, in order to leave the Swamp with a win.

I asked Jr. Isaac Ericksen what the keys to win on Friday are, he said, “We need to key in on our defense and come out of the gates with more energy than them.” There will be a lot of energy in the building, the winner of this game will be whoever can use this to their advantage.

Panther Creek is currently 3-1 with a loss to Leesville Road and wins vs. Enloe, Jordan, and Southeast Raleigh. The Catamounts are led by Sr. Chris Uwayo who is averaging 25 PPG along with Sr. Logan Ware who is averaging 21 PPG. They will likely be matched up with Eatman and Manhertz respectively. They will have the task of containing these guys and staying out of foul trouble. Cam Hunter, Greg Ehlinger, and Ja’Tez Ward fill in the rest of Panther Creek’s starting lineup.

The theme for Green Level is blackout, make sure you come to the game and cheer on our undefeated basketball team at @8 PM in the Swamp. The stands should be packed for the biggest SWAC game of the season thus far.